Sunday, July 31, 2011

Roller coaster of a summer!



Yes, it is August 2011! The last hooray of summer, and by the title of this entry you would think that I've been touring theme parks. Well, that is about the furthest from what has gone on this summer. I have had major ups and major downs.






The two major ups have been making it to the finals in the Canon / Ron Howard Photo Imagin8tion contest. They will be announcing the winners any day now. The other positive note was that three of my images were juried into a large show in Coos Bay Oregon called "Thunder". On the flip side I have had some major medical issues which have kept me from being as physically active as I usually am. But, I am on the mend now and am getting back to my ol' self again. In the mean time I have been sewing one of a kind purses, totes, duffels and bags. I found that I really enjoy creating re-purposed originals and have posted some of them on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/AbbeGoreCreations?ref=pr_shop_more



I have found that they make great gifts as I have given 4 of them away and have gotten rave reviews. I also used some of the ceramic buttons I've created on them and they really are a nice accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment